Monday, July 28, 2008

{p}hotography {p}rinting

Photography has come a long way baby! From the camera obscura to DSLRs, my how the world of photography has changed! There is one thing that hasn't changed with all this advancement however but it's getting lost in the sauce - it's printing pictures.

How many of you have boxes of old pictures sitting in your closet or under you bed? I know i personally keep them in baggies in a shoe box on the top shelf. When I started going digital however that shoebox moved into my hard drive and then into my external drive (then technically when the external is full I'm sure I'll place it in the closet next to the shoebox). We don't print anymore, we have digital frames and email copies to loved ones. If a picture is lucky it will be printed on copy paper and stuck on the fridge until it fades away... oh the irony of preserving a memory to watch it disappear!

Well, today we went over printing in class and it was great! I don't have time right now (because I'm soooo tired) but I wanted to put a bug in your butt to think about printing your pictures. I'm going to type up a guideline for setting up your pictures to print. I found this information priceless as I had printed some copies of my maternity shoot for J & K and scrapbooked them only to find out that Costco had kindly cropped them for me which destroyed the picture! There is a way to make sure you get good prints to put in frames and decorate the walls instead of giving flare to the fridge!

I promise to work on this soon... I only have three more classes left for this course. I'm getting my last 2 projects back on Wed which I will post and share, then I turn in my last project based around freeze frame motion and blurred motion, and then I hand in my FINAL the following Wed and have it graded on the fly!

The final is about trying to find a new perspective. Prof K has given the class a list of 7 haikus from which we must choose one and photograph it. He does not want a literal translation of the haikus but instead our own perspective on what else the meaning could be. It should be interesting. It's very abstract!

I'm thinking about sharing the haikus with my readers (all three of you) and challenging you to pick one to photograph. What do you think?

1 comments:

Anonymous July 29, 2008 at 10:56 AM  

I await the haikus.

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP