Monday, August 31, 2009

The photogs : SoCal ShootOut

Enter Yvonne, driving through the intense heat wave heading north on the 5. Shuffle shulffling the tunes... and... what are people doing in the next car over? Why are the looking at me angrily and covering their ears? My singing surely can't be that bad, can it? Sure my ears bleed every time I sing, but that's normal huh? Oh well, back to the real point of this blog... SOCAL SHOOTOUT ROCKS!

No kidding! I joined 50 of the most talented people who drove near and far (namely us San Diego photogs) to the Irvine Regional Park in Orange City. We had GORGEOUS models, insanely talented hair and makeup (The All Made Up Team) and, like I said, 50 of the most talented photogs Orange County and surrounding areas have to offer. The theme was High Fashion and the SoCal Photogs kept it real! Henry Wang & Doug McNamee (from Tilt-N-Shift) headed up some workshop quality instructions on posing and lighting while the great Matthew Saville instructed on off camera flash. The off camera flash has changed my life!

If you are a photog in the SoCal area and haven't joined the group, I highly recommend to you do it... like NOW! GO DO IT NOW! It's a great group of organizers (Hanssie Trainor, Matthew Saville & Rob Nicholson) who had a vision of photographers learning, sharing and growing from one another... talk about paying it forward! By photographers for photographers! Anyway, join the group on facebook and meet your local group.

Enough blabbing from me... on with the pictures!

This was Kaylie's first shoot and let me tell you, the girl has it! She photographs beautifully and is up or down for what ever we asked (namely asking her to lay on the ground). Kaylie is a trooper, I can't wait to work with her again.


It's hard to choose a favorite picture but I think this might be it...


This one reminds me of a perfume poster or romance novel...


The following two were a couple of many shots using off camera flash. I *heart* the off camera flash... I would marry the off camera flash if there was a prop that allowed it!


I love Amanda & Mark looking fierce in these shots!


If you would like more information on anything... joining the groups or booking a session, just drop me a line yvonne@yvonnelebrun.com!

Don't forget to follow me on FaceBook!!

4 comments:

Lorrie Prothero August 31, 2009 at 11:14 PM  

Very nice Yvonne! Loved them all!

Hanssie September 2, 2009 at 1:18 AM  

Yummy! There is one I LOVE!! But I can't tell you till after the contest!

Katie Scott September 3, 2009 at 9:21 AM  

Yvonne!!! It was SOO good meeting you at the shootout (I'm the one from Oceanside!). I talked with Stephen about getting something together for San Diego photogs, we gotta start a little group for those of us in the coolest county. :) It would be fun to all hang out!!! LOVE the pics!! They are stunning!

Amber Fox September 6, 2009 at 9:34 AM  

Beautiful photos Yvonne. I especially love the last one. And I loved hanging out with you too...always so fun.

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP