Monday, April 12, 2010

The Places : Vingettes goes Shabby Chic

I had got schooled over the weekend in home decor! Lori from Vignettes Antiques welcomed the queen of Shabby Chic, Rachel Ashwell!

Ladies (and a few gents) came from near and far, some even flew in from San Francisco, to meet this anything but shabby home decor icon. As queues started forming Rachel and her lovely staff took their time speaking about the new line of Shabby Chic Couture. Designers and home decor enthusiasts from around the area gushed over her luxurious fabrics and beautiful designs. It was enough to get this self proclaimed decor-less momma looking at things in a new light!





Lori and Ms Ashwell strike a pose outside the store front!



Sweet treats provided by Azucar Cafe
I need to get the info about the rose infused marshallows (they were to die for!)




Rachel with her beautiful staff from the Santa Monica location, Kristina & Janis. These girls are FUN and would love to talk shabby chic with you!!


This is for my dear mum. She is a HUGE fan and very jealous I got to meet one of the inspirations behind her store in the UK!

1 comments:

Unknown April 13, 2010 at 4:35 PM  

I would like to congratulate my beautiful and very talented daughter for sharing these wonderful photos with us all. Shabby Chic is not new to Yvonne as she grew up in a house full of antiques and shabby chic however I don't think she appreciated at the time! I was tickled with the stories she shared with me about her day. I would love to have met Ms. Ashwell myself and shared stories and ideas. In 2009 after years of thinking about it, I opened my own Shabby Chic~Vintage Home Interior shop just outside Liverpool England. Ms Ashwell is always welcomed to have a visit any time she is in the area. I would however insist that Yvonne come and take the photos that would include both my beautiful grandchildren! Hint, hint, lol I am so very proud of my Vonnie but she already knows that!

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP