Thursday, September 10, 2009

my life : featured

One of the greatest things about being a military spouse is travelling and meeting people. Having grown up in the military and moved more times than I am years old... lived in a number of different countries and have friends literally ALL OVER THE WORLD!

I'm going to talk about two of these military issued friends today. The first is the catalist behind this post today. I have only met her a few times in real life, the first time, the details are escaping me, but the second time I remember vividly because I joked with her about forgetting meeting me before!! We pulled together our creative efforts to make some cute baby burp clothes... they were cute weren't they Tiffany? Anyway, Tiffany lives ou t in VA right now and since her move I have to say we've corresponded more than we did while we lived in the same town! Tiffany is an inspirational woman. She juggles regular life as a freelance writter with military life excellent! She's a little hippie and a whole lotta spice and I adore reading her blog, which she has currently featured none other than yours truly! As some might say I have a way with pictures... she has a way with words. Thank you Tiff, my friend of few encounters but my soul sista across the land!


My other dear friend who has been chasing me across the lands is Steph, now joined by her darling little Laneybug. I remember hearing about Steph's hubby, Dave, before I met her and I thought, "Wow, this is going to be interesting..."! My first real memory of Steph is the day we were at TBS (The Basic School, Quanitco VA for my non-mil friends), and she stood up and introduced herself and continued to talk as we all sat there wishing for her to stop! Not because she was terrible at talking, she actually has a great midwest accent that reminds me a little of Fargo, but because she shared her husband's uncanny interpretation of his instructor, while the instructor was in the room! It was a train wreck that will go down in the books for sure, and I'm hoping she doesn't defriend me for sharing this hilarious moment!!

Well, three kids between us, a cumalitive 13725 miles between our husbands and us, 5 years of unforgettable memories and countless PCS moves... we are now happy as clams living it up in San Diego CA! Steph has been one of the friends I have leaned on through this deployment and I thank God for her and her beautiful family.















I love that we see some wonderful and interesting things out here... it's really cheap entertainment! I was lucky enough to capture some bouncing rides right before left the beach the other day... I *heart* San Diego!!

5 comments:

Stacee Lianna September 10, 2009 at 11:43 AM  

rthese are so great!! i love the change of focus with the little girl! amazing job! :D

Rita Clifton September 10, 2009 at 12:37 PM  

Beautiful Yvonne!

Krista September 10, 2009 at 3:21 PM  

For some reason I was just thinking about Stephanie's TBS "incident" the other day and now for the life of me I can't remember why.

Lea K. September 10, 2009 at 5:07 PM  

Love, love, love the pic of Steph and Lena in the waves!! Girl you rock!

Amber Fox September 18, 2009 at 3:17 PM  

These images are great. Beautiful family and nice end of summer shots. I love the low rider shot...great stuff!

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP