Friday, March 26, 2010

The Heroes : Coming Home

There is NOTHING better than a military home coming - NOTHING. I'm not an openly emotional person... I cry in private, but each time I prepare for a homecoming I well up uncontrollably. My heart swells at least ten times it's usual size (like the grinch) and I can't catch my breath. Driving over the Coronado bridge I had *that* moment! The fire boats that shoot water were plowing the way home for the USS Nimitz and I cried because I knew that big honking ship had brothers, sister, mommies and daddies all coming home to their families. Eight months is a looong time to miss someone and not hold them close!

OK, breathe, wipe the tears away and move on! We're down by the pier waiting and there are so many truly happy faces my heart explodes in more ways than imaginable!

I met Lexi and her family a few months ago when we interviewed her and her younger sister Abby to babysit for me. There are not many people who I just want to grab and hold tight but each of these girls are just AWESOME and I want to squeeze them until their head pop off!! Together we waited with their mother and friends... and 982357986 other people... and we stood as one. One heart beating, one breath held waiting for that one moment. And when it happened... OH MY!!

Welcome Home, George! You are so lucky to have so much love - you were missed something terrible!!




There is nothing tighter than a daddy hug after eight months!! This is what love looks like.

1 comments:

Anonymous April 6, 2010 at 12:27 PM  

I just did two of these in a row for friends. They are unbelievable emotional!!!

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP